Confident Knitting eBook only
This is the eBook only product. You will not be able to add a print copy at a later date. Please purchase the Confident Knitting Print + eBook product if you want the print copy.
How confident are you when it comes to your knitting? When you see a pattern that uses an unfamiliar technique, do you dive straight in? Or do you find yourself knitting the same sorts of projects over and over again?
There's so much to be gained from learning something new, but all too often, people shy away from it. Confident Knitting: A Third Year of Techniques is designed to help you tackle new projects with, well, utmost confidence! This technique-based programme features twelve patterns, from twelve amazing designers supported with twelve photo and video tutorials – giving you twelve chances to find some new joy in your knitting!
Confident Knitting follows a similar format to our previous books A Year of Techniques and Boost Your Knitting, but, like both of those publications, is a completely self-contained programme, so there's no need to have already worked through any of our previous publications!
Each of the monthly projects is for an accessory, allowing you to complete each project in a reasonable amount of time. The projects are accompanied by stepwise photo tutorials as well as online video tutorials, and you can join in with the knitalong threads for each project over in The Knitalong Hub.
This product includes the following items:
An ebook copy of Confident Knitting, which will be delivered digitally from our online store. You can also follow the links from your order confirmation email in order to add your ebook to your Ravelry library (see FAQ for more information on how to do this).
- March – Folded Hem technique accompanied by the pattern for Martina Behm's Flux Hand Warmers
- April – Excellent Blocking techniques accompanied by the pattern for Hunter Hammersen's Evolve Cowl
- May – Catching Floats technique accompanied by the pattern for Janette Budge's Variance Hat
- June – Embroidering Your Knitting techniques accompanied by the pattern for Jeanette Sloan's Patina Scarf
- July – Vikkel Braids are the featured technique in Lily Kate France's Burnished Mittens
- August – Reversible Cables are used in Noma Ndlovu's wonderful Lustrous Shawl
- September – Jen Arnall-Culliford's Moorland Socks feature a garter stitch short-row heel
- October – Mosaic Knitting is demystified in Marceline Smith's Terrain Mitts
- November – Emily K. Williams' Findhorn Wrap features modular knitting
- December – Gudrun Johnston's Stellar Hat is a great project for learning the long-tail and German twisted cast on for ribbing
- January – Grab stitches are a fabulous texture technique that Jimenez Joseph has used in her Saturnus Cushions
- February – Carol Feller's Prime Blanket is the perfect canvas for learning the i-cord cast off.
To get the most out of this collection you need to be able to do the following things:
Knit and purl
Basic cast on and cast off (bind off)
Knitting in the round
Simple increases and decreases (k2tog, p2tog, ssk, ssp, M1, kfb, yo)
Some familiarity with cables, lace, and stranded colourwork will also be useful.
We are offering seasonal yarn kits that include all the yarn you'll need for three months' worth of projects.
Yarns used in this collection come from Fyberspates, Schoppel Wolle and Jamieson & Smith, and for the first time we are also using a hand-dyed yarn each season. Our four hand-dyers are Dusty Dimples, Fab Funky Fibres, Old Maiden Aunt and Third Vault Yarns.
Please note: This is the eBook only option. Please be aware that it is not possible to later upgrade this to a print copy. Only purchase this option if you are certain you do not want a print book in September. You can purchase the print + eBook combination here.